Sunday, July 24, 2011

EDLD 5301 Week 2-- Assignment Reflection

Well week 2 is down. I thought the assignments went pretty well. I had quite a few personal things happen over the course of the week that complicated things, but I really appreciate the IA's and professors understanding. Ive spent most of the past week waiting in hospital rooms, waiting for doctors to come by, and helping my daughters family as they dealt without having mom at home. She gave birth to her second child on Wed. July 13, and ended up back in the hospital with dangeriously high blood pressure on Sunday the 17th. It took 6 days to get her blood pressure regulated so that she could go home. Then on Friday, July 22nd, I had hand surgery for carpal tunnel and shoulder surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff. It has been a stressful and painful week!

However, as I sat in the hospital, I almost found refuge in my assignment readings and videos. I allowed my mind to wander on the topics, truly pondering my action research plan and the areas that offer opportunities (or are ripe) for improving my leadership skills, impacting my students and my campus in a positive light. I really like the opportunity to reflect. In many ways it allows me to bring closure to certain activities. It also lets me take stock in what I have done and what I need to work on. I think I'm going to use the practice of reflection in my classes more this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers