Thursday, August 11, 2011

Reflection for EDLD 5301

Reflection of EDLD 5301
When thinking about how I want to reflect on EDLD 5301, (which almost sounds redundant), I’m not sure if I want to approach it as a week by week thought or just thoughts in general. This course helped me better understand what is expected in my action research plan. As I progressed through the course, I narrowed down my plan, receiving wonderful suggestions and comments from my peers. I believe that having others look over my work and assist me as I implement my plan, will be vital to my success. As in any online course, it is very easy to feel isolated and become overwhelmed with the coursework. It is wonderful to have classmates and IA’s who are willing to offer constructive criticism and to encourage me along the way.

I didn’t have the opportunity to participate in the web conferences (although I’m hoping to participate in the last conference) due to unforeseen circumstances. I believe that web conferences are a great way to stay in touch and connect with our classmates. I am very happy that these are offered.
Each week we were encouraged to bring more focus to our action research plan. I am tempted to say narrow our plan, but I realized that as I looked over my classmates comments to my draft plan, they were offering wonderful and insightful suggestions to help me bring my plan into a more manageable realm. Since some of my classmates have conducted research, I am very happy to receive any pointers they have from their past experiences.
Our discussion postings also helped me as I worked through creating and defining my action research plan. I think one thing that was a bit confusing was that there were ED ADMIN students in this class. Often I wasn’t really sure what applied to me as an ED TECH student. There are so many documents and logs and reflections to try to keep up with. I really with the process could be a bit more streamlined. Hopefully I will continue to get my work in on time.
I also appreciate the work my IA, Creighton Gahn, has done in answering my questions and my classmates questions so quickly. I cannot imagine what it must be like to try to keep track of all of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers