Saturday, September 15, 2012

EDLD 5364 Week 3 Post

"Successful learning experiences challenge and support each learner appropriately and adjust as the learner changes over time. The goal of UDL is to provide every student this kind of customized and responsive experience. Establishing goals is the first step. The next step is to plan instruction so that students have multiple pathways for achieving their goals." (Rose, 2002) Teachers often feel inundated with new teaching strategies. I have been overwhelmed when our technology director would come across the latest and greatest "thing" that was supposed to be the cure-all in order for all students to achieve. I'm not sure that I have ever heard of UDL before I took this course, but I am very interested in trying to implement it in my classroom. As I read through this weeks' materials, I could visualize how I could utilize the instruction for all of my students to learn and be successful. I think it would be very interesting to have my students help me design the lessons. I like to have their input, and this way, I could tap in to their digital world. Rose, D., & Meyer, A. (2002). Teaching every student in the digital age: Universal design for learning. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development. Available online at the Center for Applied Special Technology Web site. Chapter 6. Retrieved from http://www.cast.org/teachingeverystudent/ideas/tes/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers