Friday, June 10, 2011

Web Conference #2 - Reflection

Our second web conference went pretty well although there were some serious technical difficulties. I had not been able to get my web cam working for the first web conference, so I was determined to have video this time. I logged in to the web conference site about 20 minutes or so before the appointed start time. My video worked and I could see a few other people. Daryl Ann had problems with the audio, and it remained choppy throughout the conference. With technical difficulties taken into consideration, the web conference allowed us time to ask questions about our week 3 work. Several students were having problems embedding the animoto video into their wikis and asked for help. The great thing about the web conference is that it allows us an opportunity to share ideas, to help each other, and to remind us that we don’t have to work through these courses alone. There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained if we just ask. I really can see the benefits of using web conferences with classes. However, I think it is important to stress the fact that nothing works perfectly. Being flexible, patient, and understanding when the technology doesn’t work as we would like will be a key to learning an integrating it into our own classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers